LAS CRUCES, NM NAMED ONE OF MOVIEMAKER’s BEST PLACES TO LIVE AND WORK AS A MOVIEMAKER IN 2023!
LAS CRUCES, NM – Jan. 18, 2023 – Film Las Cruces today announced that the City of Las Cruces has been named one of the Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker in 2023!
This year’s list, below, features the return of Atlanta, Georgia to the top of the list of Big Cities, after Albuquerque, N.M., held the honor for an unprecedented four years. And for the first time, Santa Fe, N.M. has moved to the top of the list of Smaller Cities and Towns.
“A huge congratulations to Atlanta and Santa Fe, two outstanding film hubs that offer very different but equally thrilling opportunities,” said Tim Molloy, editor of MovieMaker Magazine. “We’re also excited to welcome growing film centers like Missoula, Salt Lake City, Kamloops, Las Cruces and Palm Springs to the list.”
President of Film Las Cruces and New Mexico State Senator, Jeff Steinborn added: “Las Cruces is honored to be named amongst the most prestigious and well known filming towns in America. Our great locations and crew, top notch film incentives, and full service film office makes Las Cruces and Dona Ana County an excellent filming destination. As the 2nd largest city in New Mexico, we also provide direct flights to Los Angeles and all the services the industry needs.”
MovieMaker compiles its annual list based on surveys, production spending, tax incentives, additional research, and personal visits, whenever possible.
“Having grown up in Las Cruces and soon to be entering my 7th year with Film Las Cruces, it is incredibly exciting to watch the industry come alive here and really start to take shape,” said Jonathon Sepp, Film Liaison for Film Las Cruces.
Check out the full story in the url below!
Here’s the list of MovieMaker’s Best Small Cities and Towns to Live and Work as a Moviemaker in 2022:
10. TIE The Hudson Valley, New York towns of Poughkeepsie, Kingston and Newburgh (join the list for the first time)
9. Ashland, Oregon
8. Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada (joins the list for the first time)
7. Las Cruces, New Mexico (joins the list for the first time)
6. Knoxville, Tennessee
5. Palm Springs, California (joins the list for the first time)
4. Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3. Savannah, Georgia
2. Wilmington, North Carolina (jumps up six places since last year)
1. Santa Fe, New Mexico (jumps up two places to land at No. 1 for the first time)
Here’s the top ten list of MovieMaker’s 2023 Best Cities to Live and Work as a Moviemaker:
10. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (joins the Big Cities list after previously being No. 4 in Smaller Cities and Towns)
9. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8. Calgary, Alberta, Canada (jumps up two places since last year)
7. Chicago, Illinois
6. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5. Albuquerque, New Mexico
4. Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3. New Orleans, Louisiana (joins Big Cities list after previously being No. 1 in Smaller Cities and Towns)
2. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (jumps up four places since last year)
1. Atlanta, Georgia (jumps up two places since last year to return to No. 1 for the first time since 2018)
MovieMaker is dedicated to the art and craft of making movies. Our list of the Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker in 2023 appears in our new issue, with Creed III star and director Michael B. Jordan on the cover.
MovieMaker editor-in-chief Tim Molloy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Film Las Cruces Film Liaison Jon Sepp: email@example.com